Creating a consistent morning ritual has completely transformed my life. It has allowed me to get in touch with my intuition in a way I didn’t even know was possible. When I decided that I wanted to deepen my own mind+body connection, this was the first step to get there.
I’m going to give you all the juicy details on how I established my own morning ritual so that you can get ideas to start creating your own. We are all so individual so realize that this can be completely customized. Really listen to what intuitively feels good in your body. It will empower you to take the authority back. Come back to what you know is true for YOU. This means, no longer comparing yourself and constantly trying to fit someone else’s mold for how you should feel, look, eat and act.
THE MAGIC MORNING DIFFERENCE
So why is there a huge movement of more and more people self-prioritizing their day? The fact is that we live in a society full of demands. As we age, the demands only grow and we realize fairly quickly that our hard and fast lifestyles are not sustainable. I’ve worked in corporate positions, where I was expected to always be “on.” My masculine energy and “go-go-go” mentality, left me burnt out and my body began to give me signals that this way of living was no longer working for me. I began dreading getting out of bed in the morning and didn’t feel like I was myself anymore.
Creating balance is KEY. By starting my day off by looking inwards, I was able to get clear on certain habits that were no longer serving me. As you truly get in touch with your intuition, letting go of self-sabotage will become effortless.
WHY IS CREATING A MORNING ROUTINE SO IMPORTANT?
Most people have a morning routine. They roll out of their beds, brush their teeth, and groggily stroll into their days. But you don’t want to be like most people. You want to blow past the average, get an edge on the competition, and maximize your potential. A morning routine sets the tone for the whole day, and if you do each day right, you’ll do life right. This is about starting each day with a calm positive focus and attitude of gratitude. Your positive vibes will carry with you through the entire day making every encounter and decision more gratifying.
For some, their morning ritual is the only time in the day they can make themselves a priority and focus solely on themselves. This form of self-love is so rewarding, it becomes the hour you look forward to most in your day. Another great reason to create a morning ritual it is to avoid mental fatigue. We only have a certain amount of energy and willpower when we wake up each morning, and it slowly gets drained away with decisions.
Taking the authority back by deciding where your attention will flow for the day is key. It allows you to maintain a positive perspective despite external factors that try to drag you down. This is such a empowering feeling to know that you are completely in control.
CREATING YOUR OWN MAGIC MORNING
The intention of a morning ritual is to fuel the rest of your day with mindfulness, self-knowing, prayer, devotion, slowness, and ease. But primarily: to tap into your own intuitive power. Again, experiment with a few activities that leave you feeling at peace, energized and focused to take on the day at hand. If the thought of meditating for 20 minutes each morning seems daunting then start with 5 minutes or find a guided meditation to listen to.
Like any new habit, consistency is key with creating a morning ritual. Make yourself a priority with a 30 day challenge to begin each morning this way. Soon, it will become second nature and you will be able to implement and tweak this routine anywhere you go. Even when I travel, I commit myself to at least 20-30 minutes of a variation of my own magic morning. It’s simply become part of my life.
Establishing a morning routine:
- Set a new wake time that will allow you to complete all of the activities on your new morning ritual to-do list. In the first week, experiment to see what will work best for your schedule and which habits will have the biggest impact on your day.
- Drink 16oz-24oz of fresh warm lemon water. I also enjoy green or herbal tea during this time. It allows me to gently energize and detoxify my body.
- Find activities that calm you. It may not be the first thing that you think so try everything you can and pick what works best for you. Meditation or prayer is a great place to start. It allows you to focus on what you have to be grateful for. Getting our your journal and free writing what ever comes to mind or listing what you appreciate about your body or life is another incredible mind set tool. Reading a chapter or two out of your favorite book can also allow your mind to expand creatively.
- Intuitive movement. This shouldn’t be hard core exercise. Anything from stretching to Yoga or even walking will help to wake the body. It allows you to center yourself back into yourself and for your body+breath to become one. Movement can wake you up better than a cup of coffee and is especially beneficial after hours of stillness in sleep.
- Plan Your Day. Planning out your day doesn’t mean you’ll know what you’re going to at every hour (but feel free to do so if you want). It means pick one or two objectives that you would like to accomplish and making sure they get done. Why? One way to spoil a perfect day is to find out a time consuming project is due the next morning. Create a list in your journal or on a sticky note so you don’t forget anything!
- Mantras + Affirmations. Picking a mantra, verse or inspiring quote for your day or week then posting it somewhere you’ll see often is a powerful way to remind your WHY. This creates positive momentum and keeps you focused on your goals plus is uplifting food for your soul.
SHOW UP FOR YOUR SELF
The moment your eyes open is your chance to start a morning ritual. The first few hours of waking are primarily potent for affirmations, visualizations, and prayer. This secret formula is yours to play with, but I can guarantee that if you take these 6 practices into your day, you will wake up excited to do life.