How To Ground Yourself
It is crucial to implement grounding techniques in your daily and weekly routine. Wherever you are in your healing and wellness journey, it is imperative to ground regularly for a balanced life. Here are my top recommended practices for grounding and why they are so important.
Why Should We Ground?
Oftentimes our thoughts, anxieties and worries can tailspin out, leaving us feeling scattered, insecure and disconnected from our worn bodies.
This sense of disconnection ripples into our lives and we can become disconnected from our intuition and sense of safety within ourselves.
This is why grounding our energy in a consistent basis is so important. When you are grounded, it allows you to be present and easily organize your thoughts.
Along with growing in a way that is in alignment with your vision, grounding creates reconnection, balance and strengthening within our mind, body and spirit.
This leaves us feeling unshakable no matter the obstacle that comes your way.
How Can You Ground?
Here are my top recommendations for easy but impactful grounding practices.
- Morning Meditation for 10-15min, feet securely rooted to the ground. If you need a supported grounding meditation, listen to my grounding breathwork meditation HERE.
- Breathing in through my nose to activate the parasympathetic state of rest + restore.
- Diffusing Earth & Wood Synergy Blend by Edens Garden with grounding cedarwood.
- Epsom salt baths for an increase of relaxing magnesium for your physical body.
- Breathing in through the nose, gently and softly.
- Eat or drink root veggies, which energetically ground you back in. Think carrots, sweet potatoes, beets, turnips and ginger.
- Use CBD Oil. I use and sell a locally grown, full spectrum, organic CBD oil that has a strong grounding presence for our nervous system.
- I also love walks in nature, journaling, yoga and a digital detoxes.
There is no wrong way to practice grounding, and I invite you to consider where you can fit in one or more of the above into your consistent routine. I am here to support you in your grounding practices, so be sure to read on to discover my breathwork offerings.
Whether you are local to Grand Rapids and can join me at my East Town office The Healing Space or you are somewhere else in the world. Allow me to guide you in this experience of transformative healing.
All of my Breathwork sessions are combined with Reiki Energy Therapy, Crystals, a Holistic Health Consultation & recommendations in-between sessions with healing tools so you can continue empowering your own journey. Learn more about my in-person + virtual offerings HERE.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!